Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Books

I am very excited about the arrival of my new book, the King Arthur Flour book of Whole Grain Baking. It is a huge, hard-cover book with almost 400 recipes including chocolate croissants (my favorite), Danish pastries, sticky buns, cinnamon rolls, Christmas Panettone, pretzels and even doughnuts! It also has a ton of information about different grains and how to bake with them. This is definitely going to be my go-to book for this blog!
King Arthur Flour Whole Grain Baking: Delicious Recipes Using Nutritious Whole Grains

I also have to share another book that I found at the library yesterday, Spelt Healthy! by Marsha Cosentino, M.A. There's no easy way to describe it, so I'm just going to quote bits of the first chapter:

Spelt Healthy! Quality Whole Food Cooking and Baking with Spelt

"Spelt has strength of character. She is stalwart when treated with gentle strength; she is sensual and sure. Spelt flits about in history's shadows and comes into the light at human turning points and crossroads...Spelta will appear to you in many forms: sprout, berry, farro, bulgur, cracked grain, creamed for cereal...She comes to you as pancake mix and many pastas, garlic bread and more...She tantalizes."

I don't think I'll be buying this one, but it does have some recipes that I'd like to try, and a ton of information about Spelt, which is one of the first grains eaten by humans (evidence points to 6500 B.C.).

Up next: Peanut Butter Cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment