Thursday, July 29, 2010

Trader Joe's Multigrain Baking Mix: Pancakes

I recently purchased a box of Trader Joe's Multigrain Baking & Pancake mix and have already posted about the biscuits.

The baking mix contains white flour, whole wheat flour, ground rolled oats, leavening (baking powder), soybean oil, sugar, yellow cornmeal, wheat bran, oat bran, brown rice flour, salt and buttermilk. That's six different whole grains! And it's super easy to work with. I was a fan before I even used it!

Today I made the pancakes. The recipe makes 12 pancakes (although, I think I ended up with 9 because I made them a little larger). Just 2 cups of baking mix, 1 cup milk (I used soy milk because that's all I had), 2 eggs and 2 tablespoons of oil.

I was very pleased with the end result. The "healthy" taste that was apparent in the biscuits was not present in the pancakes. I would definitely recommend these - they were really easy to make and tasted great!

Here are the nutrition facts of 1/3 cup of the baking mix (one pancake was 1/3 cup):
150 calories
2g fat
28g carbohydrates
2g fiber

No comments:

Post a Comment