Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Quaker Oats Oatmeal Pancake Mix

The other day at Safeway I stumbled upon a new product, Quaker Oats Oatmeal Pancake Mix. The mix is 100% whole grain, containing oat flour and whole wheat flour. On the back of the box there are recipes for Heart Healthy Pancakes and Waffles (with skim milk and egg white) and Traditional Pancakes and Waffles (with 2% milk, a whole egg, and oil.)

I made the traditional pancakes and was quite pleased! They were very easy to make, and the final product was light, fluffy, moist and had great flavor.

The recipe said it would make 7-9 pancakes, but I ended up with 4 (mine were each 4-5 inches large, not dollar pancakes). After eating two (with tasty banana topping and eggs on the side), I felt like I had eaten a substantial meal, without feeling tired or too full. I definitely recommend this mix as an easy way to add whole grain to your weekend breakfast, without sacrificing flavor!

The nutrition facts for 1/3 cup mix (each of my pancakes were 1/4 cup) are:
150 Calories
2 g Fat
31g Carbohydrates
4g Fiber

No comments:

Post a Comment